Have you ever encountered a problem that you really wanted to solve? That is exactly how Susan Hansen, founder of CrittEar, came to create all of CrittEar’s dog earplugs! CrittEar was born to help dogs of all shapes and sizes to stay calm even in the loudest situations (like thunderstorms, fireworks, and hunting to name a few). Both household pets and working dogs are benefitting greatly.
Why Hansen Made Dog Earplugs
Did you know that a dog’s hearing is five times better than a human’s hearing? Susan Hansen is owned by four dogs, including a senior Golden Retriever that had become more and more sensitive to loud noises over the years. This led her to search for solutions that would help even the most sensitive dog stay calm.
Using her background in audiology (read more here), Hansen went to work to create dog earplugs that would work as well as the earplugs she helped to make for humans. With help from a veterinarian, she had a mold made of the L-shaped canine ear canal to help produce an earplug that would perfectly fit that shape.
Hansen saw the noise anxiety in her own dogs and knew that many other dogs suffer as well. CrittEar was created to help dogs everywhere to stay calm, even when the big noises are happening. There are sizes to fit dogs of every breed – from Chihuahuas to Great Danes!
The Types of Earplugs For Dogs CrittEar Produces
CrittEar is currently has a line of products known as “Calm” dog earplugs. CrittEar Calm dog earplugs are made of a patented memory foam. These are ideal for periodic use, such as during thunderstorms, fireworks, or while swimming.
Coming in the third and fourth quarter of 2021, a new CrittEar line will be coming – “Quiet”. CrittEar Quiet dog earplugs will be made of a silicone-based material with the same kind of flexibility and durability as Calm. These dog earplugs will be great for extended use, such as plane rides and working dog situations.
Where Can You Meet Susan Hansen?
Would you like to meet Susan Hansen and the CrittEar crew? Come join us at SuperZoo 2021!
SuperZoo is a huge pet lover’s event held in Las Vegas annually during the summer. There will be over 700 different pet-based vendors set up to show off their latest products. CrittEar is making it’s big public debut at SuperZoo 2021! We would love you to come be a part of our success.
Here are all of the need-to-know details:
- Days & Times: Tuesday, August 17, 2021 9 AM – 5 PM, Wednesday, August 18, 2021 9 AM – 5 PM, Thursday, August 19, 2021 9 AM – 3 PM
- Location: Mandalay Bay Resort, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd S, Las Vegas, NV 89119
- Booth: You’ll find CrittEar at booth #5159. Stop by and say hello!
Would you like to have Susan Hansen on your podcast or interviewed for you social media channel or blog? Please contact Susan at [email protected] . She would love to tell you all about her passion for dogs and how CrittEar has helped dogs all arou./nd the world!
What Does The Future Hold For CrittEar?
The future of CrittEar is bright! Susan Hansen has created three more lines of dog earplugs to help even more dogs. All three lines will be perfect for dogs at work or at play. Look for these incredible lines from CrittEar:
- CrittEar Working: Made of silicone and feature electronic components. They will allow for not only hearing protection, but also in-ear communication via a UHF transmitter.
- CrittEar Hunt: Made of a mixture of silicone and memory foam. These will be perfect for blocking harmful noises while amplifying low-level sounds that are necessary for the dog to hear.
- CrittEar Elite: Made of silicone and combines features to provide the best of all hearing protection while allowing in-ear communication. These will also amplify low-level sounds that the dog needs to hear.
Get started with CrittEar today! Our Calm line is ready and waiting for your dog to try. Dqlm is available in single or 3-pack packages. Get a pair for your home, car, and purse for adventures anywhere you and your dog create them.